The aim of our Supporters' Club is:
- To make you part of the tradition that is unique to De Hoop Primary School.
- To give something back to you as the loyal parent/old learner to show our appreciation.
- To keep in contact with you and in this way to extend our tradition even further.
- De Hoop Primary School is also then the only beneficiary from funds that are generated from this Supporters' Club.
- The De Hoop Supporters' Club aims to strengthen the relationship between the old learners, supporters, parents and educators.
- Membership is limited to past and present De Hoop parents, learners and educators.
- Good supporters of De Hoop can obtain membership subject to the approval of the Management.
- Membership belongs exclusively to the membership cardholder and is not transferable.
- Membership is for life unless the member resigns, or the management of the De Hoop Supporters' club terminated the membership.
- Any member who does not pay his membership fee within three months from the due date will lose the privileges of membership.
- A De Hoop Supporters' Club jacket at R250 discount on registration.
- 10 % discount with the purchase of any other De Hoop Supporters items.
- 20 % discount when you book the De Hoop Centre.
- Lifelong membership to the De Hoop Supporters' Club.
- Preference when you would like to obtain tickets for special functions, e.g. the Revue, Golf days, prize giving, dances or any special occasion.
- Golf days.
- Personal invitations to sport and cultural meetings and the get-togethers thereafter.
- Invitation to the De Hoop Supporters' Club social meetings for members.
- Any other privilege that can be decided by the Management from time to time.
De Hoop Supporters' Club Membership & Enrolment Form
Become part of the De Hoop family and join today by filling in the attached form and sending it to school.
Becoming involved with De Hoop (PTA)
Whether you are on the committee or assist when called upon by your class representative, there are many ways to get involved with the PTA at De Hoop, which ultimately benefits the children of the school.
Some of our goals:
- to facilitate close co-operation and goodwill between parents / guardians of the school and teachers in order to further the welfare and best interests of all learners;
- to set a support structure for all learners and teachers of the school and assist with projects, school functions and sports matters;
- to help achieve mutual communication, cooperation and support between parents, learners and teachers;
- to plan and implement various strategies for fundraisings, in aid of the school;
- to create social events for parents, learners and teachers;
- to convene meetings and organize functions;
- to be of help to the school in any extra-mural activities, like sports meetings, reception of visiting school teams, etc.
Ways to get involved:
- Parents / Guardians
If being on a committee is not for you there will be many times in the year when you can assist your class representative. Their tasks cannot be achieved without the help of the parents. Some requests will be during working hours, others after-hours or on weekends. There will be something to suit everyone. For more information on where you can contribute please contact the office or discuss with your class representative when they are elected.
- Class Representatives
The parents or legal guardians of all enrolled learners choose a class representative, for each class, in January. The class representative’s role is to:
- bond the parents and the teacher
- get the parents involved with fundraising activities of the school
- play a positive role in communicating correct information
Their tasks include
- general admin and correspondence including drawing up of the class list
- arranging a social event with teacher and parents at start of the year
- arranging the teacher’s birthday party with the children
- arranging flowers in the foyer at reception & sick bay (one week in the year)
- welcoming newcomers
- assisting with fundraising projects
- cake sales
- Grade Representatives
The Grade Representative is chosen from the Class Representatives. They liaise between the Committee and the parents/guardians and assist with and co-ordinate functions and other activities, in a grade context.
- PTA Committee
All activities of the PTA are managed, organized and controlled by the PTA committee, which consists of seven members who are elected in the middle of the year. The committee consists of the Chairperson, 2 Vice-chairpersons, 2 Secretaries and 2 Treasurers.